14 February 2010

Lesser Scap at Eglyws Nunydd

I went down for the Lesser Scaup today and found myself in unfamiliar territory, where I was happy to see the "Teds and Freds" coming out onto the water. The yachtsman pushed the birds close to the enterance where I was able to take a few shots. One of they key identification pointers is that the white in the wing is confined to the secondaries. This was the best shot I was able to take of this feature. Barry will be able to tell us whether the photo shows it clearly enough.
I stopped at Aberavon beach on the way down. Highlight- 4 Red-throated Diver, 3 Common Scoter and 154 Great Crested Grebe on the sea. Bar-tailed Godwit on the shore and fem/imm Black Redstart inside BP fence in usual place.

1 comment:

Barry Stewart said...

That's a scene very much like Eddie's, so I guess you must be very happy! Good to see you're getting to grips with your digiscoping kit and a great record shot of the wing pattern.